North Korea was Behind the Global Cyber Attacks with the Virus WannaCry
Microsoft President and Chief Legal Officer, Brad Smith, said the DPRK is responsible for cyber attacks with the WannaCry virus, which affected more than 200,000 users earlier this year, ITV reported, quoted by BGNES.
Smith believes "with great confidence" that Pyongyang is behind the attacks. "At this stage, I think the reason for WannaCry is North Korea, which uses cyber tools or weapons stolen from the US National Security Agency." He noted that over the last six months, individual cyberattacks have increased and become more serious.
Earlier, there was a suspicion that a group of hackers linked to DPRK might be behind the large-scale WannaCry cyber attack, which has hit more than 200 million consumers in 150 countries since May 12th. The hackers used the modified US NSA program.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US has quietly given Ukraine the HARM Radar Hunters
- » Inflation in the Eurozone Hit a New Record
- » Day 176 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 6 Killed in Russian Bombing of Kharkiv
- » KFOR ready to Intervene in Case of Risk in Kosovo
- » Japan urges Young People to Drink More
- » At least 20 Dead, 40 Injured in Mosque Explosion in Kabul