5 Foods to Include in your Menu for Good Eyesight
Here are some foods which are an excellent source of the beneficial substances you need to include in your menu:
It is well-known that the carrot is one of the best foods for good eye health.
Its beneficial properties are due to the abundance of beta carotene that is important for proper functioning of the retina and other parts of the eye.
In addition to beta carotene, okra contains zeaxanthin and lutein - compounds that play an essential role in maintaining good vision. It also contains vitamin C useful for good ocular health.
Rich in beta carotene, vitamins C and E and zinc apricots are extremely useful for "aging eyes". Studies have shown that the presence of beneficial vitamins and elements in the fetus reduces the risk of macular degeneration by 25% - the leading cause of vision loss after 60 years of age.
They are an excellent source of beneficial eye lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin C and beta carotene.
Nuts are also among foods useful for eye health
Almonds, walnuts and cashew nuts contain omega-3 fatty acids that are important to the health of the retina and prevent vision deterioration as the age progresses.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Pfizer CEO: Vaccines against COVID-19 will Probably become Annual
- » More than 8 billion Vaccines against Covid have been Administered Worldwide
- » Outbreak of Meningitis in a Kindergarten in Sofia, One Child Died
- » Omicron has Arrived in the United States
- » Ursula von der Leyen: It's Time to think about Mandatory Vaccination in the EU
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 2105 New Cases, 89 Deaths, 19,519 Newly Vaccinated in Last 24h