The United States will Produce Armored Machinery in Romania
US weapon producer giant General Dynamics will be involved in the production of armored personnel carriers for the Romanian army. The company signed an agreement to create a joint venture with state-owned arms company Romarm, which will be the main contractor for armored vehicles, money.bg reported
Piranha 5 bomber carriers will be assembled at the Uzina Mecanica plant in the Bucharest capital. The factory has not been sufficiently used in recent years due to the lack of orders from the defense sector.
Uzina Mecanica will provide production lines and staff to be trained at the headquarters of the US company. General Dynamics will also improve local production capabilities, Romanian media reported.
- » Bulgaria Expects this Year to Reach Defense Spending Equal to 1.56% of GDP
- » The Mission of the 36th Bulgarian Military Contingent in Afghanistan has Began
- » Trump Claims Victory after Forcing NATO Crisis Talks
- » NATO Insists Georgia will Join, Despite Separatist Challenge
- » Canada Extends NATO Mission in Latvia, Adds more Troops
- » The Interior Minister: Bulgaria is Perhaps the most Secure Place on the Balkans