Russia Bans Sites Trading Bitcoin
Russia will block access to trading websites that offer cryptocurrency like a bitcoin. This was stated by the first Deputy Governor of the Russian Central Bank, Sergey Shvezov, defining such a trade as "dubious", Reuters reports.
Initially, the Russian financial authorities treated as illegal any kind of payment instruments issued by non-state institutions, explaining that they could be used for money laundering.
At a later stage, however, the authorities adopted the globally flourishing market for cryptocurrency, but they either wanted to either control turnover or limit access to the market.
- » Bulgaria is Fifth in the EU by GDP Growth in the Second Quarter of the Year
- » Bulgaria's GDP Grew by 3.4% in the Second 3 Months of the Year
- » World Markets Unnerved by Turkey’s Financial Turmoil
- » Rise in Bulgaria's Fibank Share Price Helps SOFIX End in Green
- » Bulgaria's Bank Lending Growth Speeds up
- » Bulgaria's Adamant Capital Partners Plans to Start Operations in Croatia