Russia Bans Sites Trading Bitcoin
Russia will block access to trading websites that offer cryptocurrency like a bitcoin. This was stated by the first Deputy Governor of the Russian Central Bank, Sergey Shvezov, defining such a trade as "dubious", Reuters reports.
Initially, the Russian financial authorities treated as illegal any kind of payment instruments issued by non-state institutions, explaining that they could be used for money laundering.
At a later stage, however, the authorities adopted the globally flourishing market for cryptocurrency, but they either wanted to either control turnover or limit access to the market.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Already in the Autumn we will see the first Increases in Interest Rates for New Loans
- » Fed: Inflation remains “Too High”
- » Economic Challenges weigh on the European Investment Activity recorded in Q2 2022
- » The IMF Downgraded its Forecasts for the Growth of the World Economy
- » The Lowest Minimum Wage in the EU is in Bulgaria, the Highest - in Luxembourg
- » The Turkish Lira Hit Rock Bottom