Russian Su-24 Warplane Crashes at Air Base in Syria, Crew Dies
A Russian Su-24 frontline bomber rolled off the runway on takeoff from Russia’s Hmeymim air base in Syria on Tuesday, Russian news agencies cited Russia’s defense ministry as saying, adding that the warplane’s crew died in the accident, reported Reuters.
The crew, bound for a combat mission, failed to eject themselves from the aircraft. Warplanes of this type carry a crew of two pilots.
According to reports from the scene, a technical fault was believed to be behind the accident, the defense ministry was cited as saying.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia held a Funeral for the 45 Victims of the Bus Crash that occurred in Bulgaria
- » Skopje will Receive the Remains of its Citizens that Died in the Bus Crash on Struma Highway
- » Explosion in Munich Wounded Dozens and stopped the Movement of Trains
- » Minister Komitova: The Bus Crash on the Struma highway was not with High Speed
- » Possible End to Mass Explosions caused by Pyrotechnics during Celebrations in Sofia
- » Shooting at a Bus in Kosovo, Young Students were Killed