Bulgarian Ivaylo Stefanov Became the Oldest Active Volleyball Player in the World
Ivaylo Stefanov entered the game for CSKA in the victory over Teteven with 3:0 (19, 19, 21) in a round of the new season in the Bulgarian volleyball Super League and is officially the oldest active volleyball player in a team of elite division in the world, reports Sportal.
Until last year 44-year-old Stefanov was second in this ranking after Samuel Papi, but the Italian ended his career. And the Bulgarian continued and started his 27th season - playing as a player-coach of the Reds.
In his career Stefanov has a world title for youngsters from Cairo'91, he was champion of Turkey (with Archelik) and Austria (Donasukraft) as well as of Bulgaria with his native Levski and current CSKA.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm