Estonia Supports Inclusion of Romania in Schengen Area
On a visit to Bucharest on Friday, Deputy Minister for EU Affairs Matti Maasikas reaffirmed Estonia's support for Romania joining the EU's Schengen area, ERR reported.
Maasikas praised the discussion and vote in the European Parliament on Wednesday in which MEPs supported the accession of Romania and Bulgaria to the Schengen area, spokespeople for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said. The European Commission also weighed in positively on the proposal.
According to Maasikas, Estonia also supported these two countries joining Schengen. "It will contribute to closer police cooperation and more effective border controls, which in turn will increase security for all of us," he noted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia: 43% of Citizens Support Joining the EU
- » Vucic: Serbia has received an Ultimatum from the West to Normalize Relations with Kosovo
- » North Macedonia’s President: Ban One MEP and Several other Bulgarians from Entering the Country
- » Vucic: I haven't Spoken to Putin for months, Wagner has to Stop recruiting Fighters in Serbia
- » Tension in Kosovo after an Albanian Shot two Serbian Boys
- » Vucic announced that He is in his Last Term as President of Serbia