60% of the Children in Bulgaria do not Feel Safe at School
A survey of the Research Institute of Forensic Science and Criminology suggests that 60% of the children in Bulgaria do not feel safe at school.
The figures were released at a conference against violence in educational institutions by the head of the Juvenile Crime Department at the Interior Ministry.
The main reasons for aggression in schools are social and economic related to financial problems and the way children are treated by their families in Bulgaria, Deputy Minister of Education explained.
In the past year Bulgaria saw by 455 more incidents involving children compared to the previous one, and cases of aggression and harassment grew by 396.
In the first place, the causes and problems are socio-economic and relate to the family's difficulties in terms of work, finances and home conflicts. Many children are victims of various conflicts, witnessing violence everywhere.
- » Bulgarian Students with 4 Medals from the International Olympiad in Biology
- » 7500 Bulgarian Students are Currently Trained in a Real Work Environment
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed