60% of the Children in Bulgaria do not Feel Safe at School
A survey of the Research Institute of Forensic Science and Criminology suggests that 60% of the children in Bulgaria do not feel safe at school.
The figures were released at a conference against violence in educational institutions by the head of the Juvenile Crime Department at the Interior Ministry.
The main reasons for aggression in schools are social and economic related to financial problems and the way children are treated by their families in Bulgaria, Deputy Minister of Education explained.
In the past year Bulgaria saw by 455 more incidents involving children compared to the previous one, and cases of aggression and harassment grew by 396.
In the first place, the causes and problems are socio-economic and relate to the family's difficulties in terms of work, finances and home conflicts. Many children are victims of various conflicts, witnessing violence everywhere.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Eight Teachers from Sofia's School Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Your Complete Guide to Becoming a Social Worker
- » FIRST SCHOOL DAY in Bulgaria: Increased security measures, Over 717,000 Students Start School
- » Your Career in Healthcare: A Comprehensive Guide
- » Bulgaria: Parents Protest Against Masks at School
- » Kindergarten Becomes Mandatory for 4-Year-Olds in Bulgaria from 2023