EP Voted For "Access" of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen Visa Information System
The European Parliament voted for "access" of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen visa information system. This will allow both countries to check through the new visa system for third-country nationals without, however, being able to enter, modify or delete data, reported BGNES.
The proposal has already been approved by the European Council. According to the MEPs, Bulgaria and Romania have fulfilled all the conditions under the Schengen agreement on air, sea and land borders, police cooperation, protection of personal data and visas.
The final political decision whether the two countries can become part of the Schengen area and stop systematic border checks with neighboring EU countries must be taken unanimously by all sides of the European Council. For a quick decision, the European Commission called last week.
- » Most EU Citizens Believe that the Union Stands for Peace and Democratic Values
- » On March 31, GERB Will Submit its List of Candidates For MEPs
- » European Investment Bank Provides BGN 70 Million Loan to Finance Small Businesses in Bulgaria
- » Eva Maydell: The EU is the Best Place For Bulgarian Business
- » Varna Loses EUR 225,000 European Funding due to Irregularities in Public Procurement
- » The Government has Approved Applications for a European Public Prosecutor from Bulgaria