The Socialist Ruling Party in Portugal Won the Local Elections
The Socialistparty in Portugal won a convincing victory in yesterday's local elections, according to the almost full official results quoted by the French press.
The Socialist Party has 158 mayors out of a total of 308 with 38 percent of the votes across the country, improving its outcome from the previous vote in 2013. "The Socialist Party has achieved the biggest victory in its history" of participating in local elections, expressed with satisfaction the prime minister Antonius Kosta.
However, his government's stability is the result of difficult compromises with the Left Bloc and the Communist Party, which are critical of the pro-European positions of the Socialists, BTA quoted AFP as saying.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Responds to President’s Criticism: “Let Him Tell Me What Money to Stop Spending”
- » US and EU Condemned Navalny's Arrest
- » Sofia Crisis Center Gives Shelter to Homeless in Freezing Cold Weather
- » Alexey Navalny Arrested upon Arrival in Moscow, His Supporters Detained in Airport
- » Dutch Govt Resigns over Child Welfare Fraud Scandal
- » EU Anger over Delayed Supplies with Pfizer Vaccine