Islamic State took Responsibility for the Attack in Marseille
Islamic State has taken responsibility for the knife attack in France, killing two women at a railway station in Marseille, France press reports, quoted by Focus. The attack that forced the evacuation of a major train station, the authorities said.
"The contractor of the Marseille knife operation is one of the militants of an Islamic state," the propaganda site of the group said. The perpetrator was shot by French soldiers.
A military patrol that had rushed to the scene after hearing cries of panic and seeing people running fired warning shots at the attacker, the French Interior Minister said, and then shot and killed him when he rushed at them, reports NY Times.
Soldiers and armed police officers with protective gear barred access to the train station for much of Sunday afternoon, and the national railway operator urged travelers to avoid the station, but the authorities said later in the day that train service was slowly returning to normal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up