Thousands Gathered for a Protest Procession in Hong Kong
Tens of thousands of people took part in a protest in Hong Kong against "authoritarian rule". Their demands were the regional secretary of state of the Chinese special administrative region to resign, Reuters reported.
The march is an annual event and takes place on October 1 - the national holiday of China. According to the organizers, 40,000 people participated in the rally. Many of the demonstrators, some of whom were dressed in black, were deeply concerned about the regional Justice Minister, Romeo Yueen. He has jumped several senior prosecutors, demanding sentences for three prominent activists - Joshua Won, Nathan Lo, and Alex Chow, Reuters writes.
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry
- » Marking Nelson Mandela's 100th Birthday, A Message from the South African Embassy in Bulgaria
- » Skype Is Finally Getting A Call Recording Feature