Austria Bans Wearing Burqas from Today
A law was enacted today in Austria forbidding the wearing of clothing and accessories covering the face, said Associated Press.
It is forbidden to wear burqas, ski masks and party masks in public places, as well as surgical masks outside hospitals. The fine for offenders will be 150 euros. The law is likely to affect the parliamentary elections of October 15, which are expected to won by anti-immigrant parties who would then form a coalition government. Despite the migratory influx into Europe in recent years, burqas are rare in Austria. However, support for the law is great, AP noted.
- » Hundreds of Miles between them but Shropshire and Bulgaria are Closer than you Think
- » Tornado Injured 17 People in the State of Iowa
- » EU Nations Help Sweden as Wildfires Rage Above Arctic Circle
- » At Least 11 Drown as 'Duck Boat' Capsizes in Missouri
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria