Google Marks 19 Years Since its Creation
Google's global search engine marks its 19th birthday by creating a Doodle with interactive games. The company's history began 19 years ago from a small garage in Menlo Park, California. While still being Stanford University students, the Americans Larry Page and Sergey Brin (who is of Russian descent) are attempting to develop an efficient keyword search engine algorithm.
A little later Google was registered as a private company. This happened on 4 September 1998.
For the time since its creation, the search engine continues to grow with the development of new products and partnerships with other companies and technology giants. As of June 2013, Google has 47,777 employees on a permanent basis. The most popular search engine today serves over 4.5 billion users from 160 different countries that speak 123 languages. To mark the birthday, Google has created a series of entertainments that you can explore by clicking on the doodle.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry