US Authorities will Monitor Every Word of Immigrants on Social Networks
The US government wants to collect information about every word in the social networks of immigrants, even those who received the US passport, reports Nova TV.
The new rule should come into force on October 18th. Immigration authorities will collect names, aliases in social networks, and information that can lead to identification for any immigrant, including those with a green card.
The idea is to prevent terrorist attacks.
However, there is no guarantee that the information gathered will be accurate and will reflect reality, at least because of the possibility of registering profiles with foreign names or hacking profiles on the Internet, added Nova TV.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Zealand Bans Future Generations from Smoking Cigarettes
- » New Record for the Number of Journalists Worldwide that are Behind Bars
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases