Jennifer Lopez made a Donation after the Disaster in Puerto Rico
Jennifer Lopez has donated USD 1 million after the Puerto Rico disaster during a fundraising campaign in the state of New York to support the destroyed the island by the cyclone "Maria" five days ago, AFP reported.
The singer was born in New York but her parents are Puerto Rican. She explained that the donation would be handed over to several charities and assured that she would continue to work with other Latin American stars to help the troubled island.
Cyclone took at least 33 casualties in Puerto Rico and Dominica, a few days after Hurricane Irma crossed. Puerto Rico was flooded by torrential rains and floods. The power supply is interrupted, and this may take months to fix. Telecommunication links are almost completely destroyed.
Living conditions in Puerto Rico continue to worsen following the cyclone Maria. People wait for hours in queues to buy food and gas.
- » China Will Waive Import Duties on some Soybean and Pork Supplies from the United States
- » Bulgaria among the Countries with Largest share of Old Aircraft
- » Donald Tusk: Brexit - One of the Most Spectacular Mistakes in the EU History
- » Many Flights Will Be Canceled due to Strike in France
- » US Imposes New Sanctions on China over the Violent Crackdowns on the Muslim Minority
- » The EC Meets Without Using any Paper for the First Time