Ralph Fiennes Acquired Serbian Citizenship
British actor and director Ralph Fiennes, who portrays Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter series, received a Serbian passport personally from Serbia's President Alexander Vucic, reports Bgnes.
The official decision to grant Serbian citizenship to the 54-year-old actor from Ipswich in Southeastern England was taken early in the month by Prime Minister Anne Burnabich's government and promulgated in the State Gazette.
"I never thought I would become a Serb, and now I seem to have become," Fiennes said in Serbian at a brief ceremony in the presidency.
"We Serbs are happy you are our friend, and now you are our compatriot," said the Serbian head of state to the actor nominated twice for Oscar. At present, Fiennes is shot in Belgrade a film about legendary ballet dancer Rudolf Nureev.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry