The World War II Bomb Found at the Airport in Frankfurt is Now Destroyed
The intact World War II bomb, located near Terminal 2 at Frankfurt Airport, was successfully disposed of on Wednesday, DPA reported, referring to the local police.
The 50-kilogram bomb was discovered on Tuesday morning during excavation works to build a new metro link to the airport. The police partially evacuated Terminal 2 and five hotels. The flights at the airport were not affected by the incident, but the nearby A3 bus had to be temporarily closed after midnight.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 239 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Bulgarian Cyrillic Initiative Launches
- » The Council of Europe called on Bulgaria to Better Protect Victims of Domestic Violence
- » A Car with Ukrainian Registration was Set on Fire in Varna
- » The Average Life Expectancy of Bulgarians is Decreasing
- » A Dead Newborn wrapped in a Plastic Bag was found in Sofia