China has Launched a Giant Tanker Ship
China's world's largest new-generation ore tanker in the world was dropped out of the shipyard in Qingdao (east Shandong province). Thus, as reported by TASS, the final stage of work on the ship begins, involving the testing of all its systems.
Chinese media call the tanker a "sea giant", as at its height the vessel is comparable to a ten-storey building. The length of the tanker with a displacement of 400,000 tons is 362 meters and the height is 30.4 meters. The ship can carry autonomous transitions up to 25.5 thousand nautical miles and develop a speed of 14.5 knots. The total area of its decks is equal to three football pitches. China plans to build up to 30 similar vessels. It is said that the new tanker will be based on the purpose of transporting iron ore from Brazil, which is the main supplier of this raw material to China.
For now, there is no information on when the giant tanker will start operating commercially.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria will receive EUR 16 Million in Compensation due to large Imports of Grain from Ukraine
- » Despite the High Prices of Eggs in Bulgaria - They are Still the Cheapest in the EU
- » TME catalogue now includes Murata and Murata Power Solutions Products
- » Bulgarian Grain producers Sell below Cost: We are no longer talking about Profit, but about Smaller Losses
- » Business Adaptation - Casinos
- » Bulgarian Livestock Breeders have Warned that the Sector is on the Verge of Bankruptcy