China has Launched a Giant Tanker Ship
China's world's largest new-generation ore tanker in the world was dropped out of the shipyard in Qingdao (east Shandong province). Thus, as reported by TASS, the final stage of work on the ship begins, involving the testing of all its systems.
Chinese media call the tanker a "sea giant", as at its height the vessel is comparable to a ten-storey building. The length of the tanker with a displacement of 400,000 tons is 362 meters and the height is 30.4 meters. The ship can carry autonomous transitions up to 25.5 thousand nautical miles and develop a speed of 14.5 knots. The total area of its decks is equal to three football pitches. China plans to build up to 30 similar vessels. It is said that the new tanker will be based on the purpose of transporting iron ore from Brazil, which is the main supplier of this raw material to China.
For now, there is no information on when the giant tanker will start operating commercially.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Top Two Casinos In Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Manufactured Goods Shot up 18% in August
- » The UKGC and GamStop – Protecting You from Non-GamStop Casinos
- » Grain Harvest in Bulgaria is at a Five-Year High, and Prices are Rising
- » Fuel Runs Out in Major British Cities, London has Temporarily Suspended Competition Laws
- » National Protest on Tuesday to Block intersections and Border Crossings, Will Stop Buses