Wayne Rooney Pleaded Guilty, Remains 2 Years Without a Driving License
Wayne Rooney pleaded guilty for the charge of drunk driving, reports Mirror.
Everton's star and legend of English football will be without a driving license for two years, and he's been given 12 months probation and will have to make 100 hours of socially useful work.
The 31-year-old footballer declined to comment on entering the court where he was accompanied by a modest entourage.
Rooney was caught driving drunk the car of a woman he met at a bar on September 1.
The wife of the soccer player is currently pregnant with their fourth child.
On Sunday, the striker was warmly welcomed by Old Trafford's audience, where he returned for the first time after his transfer to Everton, but he also suffered a disappointing loss after United won 4-0.
Rooney, who is the top scorer in the history of "Red Devils", was replaced in the 82nd minute.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing