Bulgarian Tourist Information Center has Started Work in Shanghai
In the financial capital of China - Shanghai, the first Bulgarian tourist info center was opened to promote the opportunities for vacation in Bulgaria, the Ministry of Tourism announced on Friday.
The goal set by our embassy in Beijing and the consulate in Shanghai is that Chinese tourists in our country will soon reach 100,000 a year. During the ceremony, Deputy Minister of Tourism Milko Teofilov cites data indicating that from January to June 2017, about 16,000 Chinese tourists visited Bulgaria, which is a 50 percent increase compared to the same period in 2016. The potential for growth is huge - at present 0.2% of all who arrive from China in Europe visit Bulgaria.
"I firmly believe that this result will be built on the efforts of the Ministry of Tourism and Business in both countries", Teofilov said.
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv
- » The Sun: Bulgaria is the Cheapest Place for a Family Holiday – AND it Costs Less than in 2017
- » Euronews: Bulgaria, an Emerging Tourist Destination
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 27.2% y/y