Netherlands is also Against Bulgaria Entering Schengen
Netherlands opposes the accession of Romania and Bulgaria to Schengen, despite the words of Juncker, announced Romania Libera.
The newspaper refers to a statement by Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte. Yesterday, Germany's Interior Minister Thomas de Mesier spoke skeptically about Jean-Claude Juncker's statement to the European Parliament that Bulgaria and Romania should soon be admitted to Schengen.
"Juncker is a romantic, I think when someone has visions, they have to consult a doctor," Rutte commented, adding that he still has
"too many fears about border control and corruption" in Bulgaria and Romania.
- » GERB Leader: I am Convinced that Austria and Romania will Continue the Key Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria Entered a Schengen Mode for the Eurozone Too
- » ECB Could take more than One Tear to Assess Bulgaria's Banking Union Bid
- » Bulgaria's Path towards ERM II Participation
- » European Parliament and Commission Divided on National Parks in Bulgaria
- » Foreign Minister Zaharieva: The Netherlands and France do not Let Bulgaria in the Schengen Zone