Bulgaria has Climbed 14 Places and is Among the Top 40 in the FIFA Rankings
Bulgaria's national football team has climbed 14 places in FIFA's monthly ranking and is now 38th, according to BGNews.
This month, Petar Hubchev's players recorded a victory and a loss in the world qualifiers for the World Cup in Russia next year. At the National Stadium the "Lions" made a historic victory over Sweden 3:2, and a few days later lost their visit to the Netherlands by 1:3.
However, they gathered an asset of 739 points and thus beat teams like Paraguay, Japan, Romania, the Republic of Congo, Scotland, Nigeria, Cameroon, Bolivia, Greece and others. Meanwhile, the world champion Germany has regained the first position with 1606 points, replacing the Brazilian team, which is second with 1590. The third place is already occupied by the Champion of the Old Continent Portugal with 1386 points, ahead of Argentina (1325).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK