MEPs Return to France For Their 1st Plenary Sitting Since the Summer Recess
It's back to Strasbourg this week for MEPs as they return to France for their first plenary sitting since the summer recess, reported BBC.
Jean-Claude Juncker will take centre-stage with his third "state of the union" speech as European Commission President on Wednesday.
He will no doubt be hoping the stalls are busier than during his last appearance - when a poor turnout led him to brand MEPs "ridiculous".
As ever, the event will be a mixture of rhetoric and policy, offering him a chance to set out his stall for the year ahead.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » EU to Hit Google with 4.3 Billion Euro Fine in Android Case
- » EU Law Enforcement and Google Take on Terrorist Propaganda in Latest EUROPOL Referral Action Days
- » Former UK Minister Calls for Second Vote on Brexit to End Stalemate
- » EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
- » EU Steps up Humanitarian Aid in Somalia with €89.5 Million