There are Going to be Discussions About the Future of Struma Motorway
Public discussion of the Struma highway route will take place in Simitli and Kresna. Local residents will say their opinion on the 5th proposed option - how to cross the highway in the section from Krupnik to Kresna, informs BNT.
There are five options for the construction of Struma Motorway through Kresna Gorge. The first one envisages the use of the existing road through the gorge in the direction of Greece, and the construction of a new road to Sofia on the ridge of the mountain east of Kresna.
The second option is a 15-kilometer tunnel that has been rejected for years due to seismic area.
The third option is a highway outside the gorge, east of Kresna.
And the fourth and the fifth - with two lanes in the gorge. After public hearings, the motorway project and the Environmental Impact Assessment report must be approved by the Environment Ministry.
- » Counter Campaign: Publishing House Asks if we Value Gambling more than Culture (Video)
- » On 24 May Balchik Opens a Monument to Cyril and Methodius
- » Celebrations, Processions, Concerts and Awards on the Day of Slavonic Scripture
- » Happy National Holiday of Bulgaria! The Day of the Cyrillic Letters and the Culture
- » Increase in Pensions: Pensioners Will Receive 3.8% more
- » the Streets of the Capital Turned into a Real Action Arena that Ended with Arrests.