Ukraine is Investigating Mikheil Saakashvili for Illegal Entry Into the Country
Ukraine has launched an investigation into former Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili for illegal entry into the country, TASS reported.
Yesterday he illegally and forcefully crossed the Ukrainian-Polish border. According to the border police, 12 policemen and five border guards suffered in clashes with guards of Saakashvili.
Ukrainian citizenship of Saakashvili was taken away by order of President Petro Poroshenko. The former head of state of Georgia is accused of abuse of power while he was the governor of Odessa. Saakashvili said he had a plan to return to Ukraine and resume his Ukrainian passport. He also does not have Georgian citizenship, which he declined in order to take on a Ukrainian passport in 2015.
If convicted of an illegal entry into Ukraine, Saakashvili may get up to 5 years in prison
- » PM Borisov Proposes Closing all Borders in the EU
- » Academic from the United States Suggests Tsipras and Zaev for Nobel for Peace
- » 30 Foreigners Detained in Turkey in an Operation against Islamic State
- » Dozens of Taliban, Afghan Forces Killed while Celebrating Eid Truce
- » Fight against Human Trafficking in Libya: EU Sanctions Six Human Traffickers and Smugglers in line with UN Decision
- » India Faces Worst ever Water Crisis