40 Year Since a Bulgarian Song Launched Into Space on NASA's Voyager 1
40 years ago today a Bulgarian song launched into space on NASA’s Voyager 1.
The Golden Record, including “Izleel e Delyo Haidutin” performed by Valya Balkanska, is still traveling through space. Valya was 35 years old when her voice took off for the stars. Today, the singer from the Rhodope Mountains is 75.
Happy 40th anniversary, Voyager 1!
Both vessels (Voyager 1 and 2) carry copies of the "Voyager Golden Record," a sort of message in a bottle intended for potential alien civilizations. The record includes prominent Bulgarian folk song"Izlel e Delyo Haidutin," among others.
The song, famously performed by Valya Balkanska, can be heard HERE.
And the full track list can be seen HERE.
- » People Who Live in Small Towns Are Happier
- » You Will Live Longer If You Sleep More on Saturdays and Sundays
- » People are More Productive When Weather Is Bad
- » Every Fourth Bulgarian Reads a Book every day. Every third - never
- » Student Donated more than 3000 Books to Community Centers and Homes for Adults
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth