The Largest Evacuation Since 1945, due to a World War II Bomb in Frankfurt
The largest evacuation of people since 1945 will happen in Frankfurt. The reason is the disposal of a British bomb from the Second World War, Reuters reported.
On Saturday, authorities in the German financial capital began evacuating patients from two hospitals. More than 100 patients in healthcare establishments, including newborn infants, have been evacuated, municipal councilor Markus Frank said. Nearly 60,000 people are expected to leave their homes on Sunday when the bomb is scheduled to be disposed of. Every year, the German authorities find more than a thousand bombs and munitions left over from World War II.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry