MUNICIPALITIES WILL DECIDE ON THE LOCAL FEES
Politics | September 7, 2001, Friday // 00:00
The municipalities will fix the fees for kindergardens, the use of pavements, the markets and the street roadways - that was announced yesterday by the Financial Ministry at a seminar entitled `Financial Negotiations between the Central and the Local Powers`. The forum is organized by the association of the municipalities along with the cooperation of the Stability Pact. From the beginning of 2002 municipal councils will determine the charges for dogs, tourists, for mining of quarry materials, administrative services and grave plots. Thus the municipal authorities will have larger freedom when fixing their budgets, the experts of the finance minsiter Milen Velchev explained. Now the law determines the minimum and maximum limits of the local fees. The restrictions will be lifted. The municipalities can`t determine the amount of the local taxes, because according to the constitution they are fixed by the law.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: After October Bulgaria and Romania will have No Obstacles for Schengen
- » Bulgaria supports the EU Delivery of 1 Million Projectiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defense: We will Categorically Not Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Spokesman of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry : We encourage Bulgaria to give us their MiG-29s
- » April 3 - Closed for Bulgarian Schools with Election Sections
- » Petkov: Bulgaria going Banrkupt was Fake News - This happens before every Election