Romanians are Increasingly Emigrating
Despite the increase in wages, the number of Romanians emigrating abroad is not decreasing, and 210,000 more left the country last year compared to 2015, the Romanian daily Ziarul Financiar said today.
At the same time, companies face the most serious staff shortage in history.
One third of the 210,000 Romanians that emigrated abroad last year are young people aged between 20 and 30.
Migration among young people continues to increase, although wages are rising. In 2016, the average net wage reached 2088 Romanian lei / 890 leva / per month, 12 per cent higher than in 2015 and twice more than a decade earlier.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Doctor Kunchev: In 2-3 weeks We Expect a Peak of a New COVID-19 Wave
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 240 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 254 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Maxim Behar Appointed as International Fellow of PRCA
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 320 New Cases in the Last 24 hours