Romanians are Increasingly Emigrating
Despite the increase in wages, the number of Romanians emigrating abroad is not decreasing, and 210,000 more left the country last year compared to 2015, the Romanian daily Ziarul Financiar said today.
At the same time, companies face the most serious staff shortage in history.
One third of the 210,000 Romanians that emigrated abroad last year are young people aged between 20 and 30.
Migration among young people continues to increase, although wages are rising. In 2016, the average net wage reached 2088 Romanian lei / 890 leva / per month, 12 per cent higher than in 2015 and twice more than a decade earlier.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria after Flood Disaster: Tons of Urban Waste Clog Rivers across the Country
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 27-Year Jail Term for Crime He Didn’t Commit
- » Before Summer 36 Percent of Bulgarians Will Be Vaccinated
- » Magnitude 6,2 Earthquake Shook Indonesia, Dead and Injured Reported
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 535 Newly Infected, 6,728 Recovered
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister: Vaccination Certificate for Mobile Application Being Discussed