Heavy Rains in Istanbul Flooded Roads and Wreaked Havoc
Heavy rain battered Istanbul on Tuesday in a freak storm that flooded roads and wreaked havoc in Turkey's biggest city.
Footage from broadcaster Haberturk showed trees swaying in the storm, whilst another video showed people being dragged along the street by floodwater in the city's Eminonu district.
The downpour left some cars and buses stranded. Local shop owners have been forced to build barriers to protect their shops from water.
Istanbul mayor Kadir Topbas has warned citizens to stay off roads and remain indoors.
- » NIMH: Maximum Temperatures between 8C and 13C, Rain in the Evening
- » A 5.6 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded Off the Coast of the Philippines
- » Code Yellow Warning for Strong Winds Issued for 24 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Drop in Temperatures, we can Expect Rain and Snow
- » Luxembourg Becomes the First Country in the World with Free Public Transport
- » A 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shook Indonesia's Tanimbar Region