Heavy Rains in Istanbul Flooded Roads and Wreaked Havoc
Heavy rain battered Istanbul on Tuesday in a freak storm that flooded roads and wreaked havoc in Turkey's biggest city.
Footage from broadcaster Haberturk showed trees swaying in the storm, whilst another video showed people being dragged along the street by floodwater in the city's Eminonu district.
The downpour left some cars and buses stranded. Local shop owners have been forced to build barriers to protect their shops from water.
Istanbul mayor Kadir Topbas has warned citizens to stay off roads and remain indoors.
- » The New Week in Bulgaria Begins with Sun, after that there will be Rain in some Places
- » Massive Iceberg Threatens Greenland Village as Residents are Evacuated
- » Scientists Find Hidden Rainforest on top of an African Mountain
- » Sunny in the Morning, Showers and Thunder Forecast Later in East Bulgaria
- » Emergency Departments in Bulgaria Received over 150 Flood Signals for the last 24 Hours
- » Japan Floods: 141 Killed after Torrential Rain and Landslides