Thousands Protested in Russia Against Restriction of Freedom of the Internet
Thousands of Russians protested restrictions on the use of the Internet, news agencies reported.
The most popular were the "Free Internet" processions in Moscow and St. Petersburg. Organised gatherings were also held in Ekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, Vladivostok and some other big cities, reported news.bg
It is reported that 17 activists have been detained in Moscow.
Demonstrators chanted "You will not scare us, you will not forbid us!".
"The government has not yet managed to brainwash us," told Deutsche Welle, a participant in the Moscow procession.
"The Internet is the only place where there is still freedom of speech in Russia," another demonstrator said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2668 Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 41 New Cases
- » The Weather Today in Bulgaria - June 6th
- » Big Number of Coronavirus Infections in North Macedonia and Serbia
- » Worldwide Record - Last Month Was the Hottest May
- » Protests Against Children's Sexual Harassement in Albania
- » 1,690 Decares of Forests in Bulgaria Are Placed Under Protection