Bulgaria Needs New Nuclear Reactor Soon
Bulgaria should start developing new nuclear capacities as soon as possible, or else the country's energy security will be put at risk," said Aleksandar Nikolov, former NPP Kozloduy CEO and member of the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy with the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, according to Standart News.
"Since the 2015 international climate agreement of Paris opposes the development of new thermo-electric plants, Bulgaria's only option is to develop nuclear energy capacities," he added.
"We have already purchased two sets of nuclear reactor equipment worth EUR one billion, so now we should only choose a proper site to install it," Nikolov went on.
In his words, Bulgaria's nuclear energy facilities should be 100% state-controlled and the government should develop a national nuclear energy strategy.
In his words, the new reactor can be installed on the site of NPP Kozloduy, or on that of NPP Belene, but in either case it should be managed by NPP Kozloduy, because of their long-established know-how and highly-trained personnel.
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award
- » Bulgarian Farmers will Receive an Additional BGN 700,000 for Insurances
- » Turkey will Produce its Own Vehicle
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity