The Health Ministry will Restrict Smoking of Hookah
"The Ministry of Healthcare is initiating an inter-ministerial task force to develop and propose measures to curb the use of hookahs and vegetable products for smoking," he said. The first meeting of the working group will be on August 30th. The ministries of health, economy, agriculture, education, the Ministry of the Interior and representatives of the local authorities will participate in it.
"Today, the Deputy Minister of Public Health Svetlana Yordanova, experts from the National Center for Public Health and Analyzers discussed the available scientific evidence regarding the health risks and the health consequences of smoking hookahs.The information will be used in the development of the work by the group and in view of the proposals made, the Ministry of Health is ready to proceed with a legislative initiative regarding the regulation and control over the use of hookahs and herbal products for smoking. Currently the use of hookahs is not regulated in the Bulgarian legislation, "reads the message.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"