Forest Fire at Kresna Gorge Continues to Rage, Residents Evacuated
The situation with the forest fire in the area of Kresna Gorge, South-West of Bulgaria, remains complicated in the late hours on 24th of August, reported BNT.
More than 6,000 decares of coniferous and broad-leaved trees have been destroyed by the fire. Residents of the villages of Oshtava and Senokos have been evacuated.
The fire has been raging for several hours near the villages of Mechkul, Stara Kresna and Oshtava.
Despite the full mobilization of human resources, specialized firefighting equipment and fire engines, the fire continues to rage.
Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Valentin Radev and the Chief of Fire Safety and Protection Directorate General Nikolai Nikolov arrived at the scene.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in Eastern and Southern Bulgaria
- » Cloudy Weather and Snow in Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Sofia ranks 59th in Air Pollution
- » Bulgaria: Cold and Cloudy Weather in the Weekend
- » Strong Wind in 14 Regions in Bulgaria – Cold Weather Expected
- » Weather: Rainfall in 18 Regions of Bulgaria