The United States is Suspending USD 300 million in Aid to Egypt
President Trump's administration has cut off nearly USD 100 million in military and economic aid to Egypt and postponed nearly USD 200 million in military funding until improvements in human rights and mitigation efforts for civilian and non-governmental organizations have taken place, referring to official sources.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has decided to suspend USD 65.7 million in military and USD 30 million in economic aid to Egypt, which has been blocked "on hold" from 2014. The money will be reprogrammed, which means redirected to other countries.
- » Boris Johnson: I Will Work with Energy and Determination to Reach an Agreement on Brexit
- » 700,000 Are the Illegal Immigrants in Libya
- » The European Parliament Backed Christine Lagarde as ECB chief
- » France Evacuates 900 Migrants from a Camp near the English Channel
- » The UK Supreme Court Is Debating whether Boris Johnson's Decision to Suspend Parliament's Work Is Legitimate
- » Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani Discussed the Future of Syria