Lebanese Army: No Coordination with Hezbollah, Syria in IS attack
The Lebanese army said it was not coordinating with Hezbollah or the Syrian army in an operation it launched on Saturday against Islamic State militants at the northeastern frontier with Syria, Reuters reported.
In a televised news conference, an army spokesman said the operation would continue until the army recovered control of Lebanese territory up to the border with Syria.
The Lebanese Shi'ite group Hezbollah declared its own assault against Islamic State militants from the Syrian side of the border on Saturday, in collaboration with the Syrian army.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine