The Municipality of Burgas is Working on the Rescue of Local Football
The municipality of Bourgas and personally the mayor Dimitar Nikolov blessed the merger of two of the local clubs to save the professional football in the city. The local Lokomotiv and Neftochimik will soon be united because "Nafta" is threatened to follow the fate of "Chernomoretz", which is barely functioning in the lower divisions.
"The idea is to pool resources and efforts, which will allow more children to train in Neftochimik's academy and more specialists to develop their talent. Bourgas Municipality views this union as something positive, "Nikolov told Burgas24.bg.
The non-governmental "Neftochimik" has difficulties in securing the budget, which is about 600,000 leva and was completed by the former sponsor Pavel Boshnakov and the municipality. After the merger with Lokomotiv, the majority share package is expected to take the outsourcing company Sutherland Global Services, which in recent months has taken over the maintenance of the Burgas railway companies.
In fact, 36 years ago, Neftochimik became the successor to Lokomotiv, and now the story is partly repeated. Sporting director of the united club is expected to become the former footballer of "Chernomoretz" and "Naftata" - Kostadin Djambazov. And the goal for this season will be staying in the Second League.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Football Icon Dimitar Berbatov Announces Candidacy for Bulgarian Football Union Presidency
- » Football Clubs Unite: Rallying Support for Kidnapped Bulgarian Captains
- » Bulgaria's Nurgyul Salimova and Nadya Toncheva in the Top 10 of Chess Rankings
- » BREAKING: Borislav Mihailov Resigned as President of the Bulgarian Football Union
- » Bulgarian Ex-Minister and Shooting Sports Legend Endorses IOC Neutrality Amid Russia, Belarus Olympic Dilemma
- » How to Develop a Successful Sports Betting Strategy