London Underground Station was Evacuated Briefly because of Damaged Train
The British police said they had briefly evacuated the Holborn station on the London subway due to a damaged train after a smoke on the platform this morning, Reuters reported.
Police said they had responded to fire and smoke alarm messages in a subway car. The reason was a damaged train, the transport police said.
A traveler has taken pictures of people evacuating the station. "There was smoke at one end of the station, a loud noise and smell," she wrote on Twitter. A little later, it was reported that the station was open again.
- » Seaside Restaurant Floor Collapses, 29 People Injured
- » Passengers Hospitalised as Ryanair Makes Emergency Landing
- » Controversial Shopping Mall Partly Collapses in Mexico City
- » Nineteen People Died in an Explosion at a Factory in China
- » A Passenger Plane Crashed near Pretoria
- » See a Giant Iceberg Fall Into the Sea (Video)