Repaired 10km Section of Asenovgrad-Plovdiv Road to be Ready Next Year
''The reconstruction of the Asenovgrad-Plovdiv road is among the most valuable projects under Regions in Growth operational programme'', Regional Development Minister Nikolay Nankov told journalists after launching the repair of a 10km stretch of the road.
The term for the repair works, worth BGN 25 million, 85% of them are from EU fundings.
At the opening, Minister Nankov mentioned another large site nearby - Plovdiv - Kardzhali, BGNES reported.
The repaired road will have two lanes of the size of a highway, and a third one for emergency.
For Minister Nankov this is one of the most meaningful projects under Operational Program "Regions in Growth".
''The road is particularly important because it connects not only the two cities but also the Smolyan region, which is otherwise isolated from the country'', he further said.
According to official data, 396 vehicle crashes occurred in the 10km section over the last 5 years, causing 117 injuries and 7 deaths.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Specialized Companies from the Netherlands and Bulgarian Agri-Producers partner in doubling Bulgaria’s Fruit and Vegetables production
- » A Global Manufacturer from the Automotive Industry will invest in Bulgaria
- » Europe Gaming Market Value In 2022
- » The Lack of Firewood Imports from Bulgaria led to a Sharp Rise in Prices in Greece
- » Europe reports Record Prices for Bread, in Bulgaria the Increase is almost 30%
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria reached its Lowest Level in August