A Trafficker Drowned 50 Migrants Near the Coast of Yemen on Purpose
Around 50 Somali and Ethiopian youths were 'purposefully drowned' by a trafficker who passed over 120 passengers in the sea near Yemen, reports Reuters.
“The survivors told our colleagues that the trafficker made them jump in the sea when he noticed the danger from the authorities near the coast'' said the chairman of the Yemen operation “Organization for migration'' Laurent de Boeck. The organization found the bodies of 29 African migrants buried at the beach of the Yemen province Shabva, while 22 others disappeared after the incident. According to the rescue teams the average age of the drowned migrants was 16.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District