A Man was Captured as he was Trying to Smuggle 5.2 kg Heroin
5.2 kg of heroin was detained by customs officials from the department “Fight with drug trafficking” at the custom of Sofia Airport. Reported Novini.bg.
The drugs was found in the registered luggage of the passenger, who is a Bulgarian citizen traveling from Sofia to Madrid. Pre-trial proceedings on the inventory of the Airport Sofia customs have been initiated. The investigation is under the jurisdiction of Sofia Prosecution Office. The passenger was detained and charged with smuggling of illegal substances.
According to estimations by the authorities the drugs are worth BGN 500 000 and could reach BGN 1.2 Million if sold on the illegal market.
- » 24 People Accused of Online Rumor-Mongering about the Spread of the Coronavirus Arrested in Iran
- » One Tonne of Cocaine Seized in Venezuelan Waters
- » Producer Harvey Weinstein Found Guilty
- » Bulgarian Woman Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Spain
- » 43 Migrants were Found in a Truck in Northern Macedonia
- » The Interior Ministry has no Information on an Investigation by the Spanish Authorities against PM Borissov