Bulgarian Minister of Tourism: 'This Summer We Expect a Growth in Tourism Between 7 and 10%'
‘’Over 3.3 million foreign tourists have visited the country since the beginning of the year’’, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova told BTV’s morning show.
The forecast for a 7-10% rise this year have been confirmed, as the increase in January-June was around 8%, the minister further said.
Regarding criticism of alcohol tourism and noise in Sunny Beach, she called for not to put all resorts under a common denominator. According to her words, "Sunny Beach" brings great revenue each year.
Moreover, according to her words, the Ministry of Tourism is considering setting up a Guarantee Fund to cover the damage caused by incorrect tour operators.
Meanwhile, the government is making efforts to develop the domestic market and expects a 3% increase for Bulgarian tourists in May-October.
- » Up to 60 Irish Holidaymakers Left Stranded in Bulgaria after Travel Agents' Failure
- » The Cheapest Spot for Families this Summer
- » The Ministry of Tourism Expects a 5% Increase in Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv