Electricity Consumption is Growing in Bulgaria
Production and consumption of electricity for the period of 1 January to 30 July 2017, compared to the same period last year, has increased. This is the data of the Electricity System Operator (ESO), informs the BNT.
Electricity generation for the period increased by 3.74% compared to the same period in 2016. Electricity consumption also increased - from 21 976 884 MWh for the 2016-year period to 23 382 149 MWh over the current period. The hot weather in recent days has increased the consumption of electricity by 6.3 per cent. At peak hours on July 31, consumption was over 4,500 megawatts. August 1 data shows a slight decrease in current consumption. The peak was at 22:00 - 4390 megawatts.
- » The Bulgarian Parliament's Decision: Restart of the Belene NPP Project
- » The Mayor of Bourgas: It is better to Make Electricity from Garbage instead of Burning it
- » Azerbaijani Gas will Reach Bulgaria in 2 Years
- » Production and Consumption of Electricity in Bulgaria are Decreasing
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal