Veliko Tarnovo is a Leader in the Field of Cultural Tourism
An absolute favorite among the cities that develop cultural tourism in Bulgaria is Veliko Tarnovo. Every year, the Old Capital meets over 2 million tourists from all over the world, thus becoming the most preferred destination for cultural tourism in Bulgaria, BNT reported.
The area of Kazanlak is also very attractive for tourists. This is no accident, because the destination unites two of the riches of Bulgaria - the rose and the incredible Thracian heritage. Just from the beginning of this year the city has been visited by nearly 140 000 tourists.
At the same time it became clear that the preparation of Plovdiv for the activities related to the title "European Capital of Culture 2019" is delayed. This week, new members of the Board of Directors of the Plovdiv 2019 Foundation have to be elected, but they will not have enough time to get into the specifics of the work, say the public officials who recently left the council.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greek Tourism Minister: Vaccination Certificate Not Mandatory for Traveling to Greece
- » Bulgarians No Longer Need Negative PCR Test for Entering Serbia
- » For Travelers’ Attention: Mandatory Online Registration Required for Arrivals in Austria as of January 15
- » What You Must Know Before Traveling to Germany from “Risk Areas”, Coronavirus Tests
- » Prices of Air Tickets Rocketing
- » Arrivals to UK Now Need Negative Covid Test to Enter Country