Chinese Billionaire Bribed UN Officials
A Chinese billionaire who wanted to build a UN conference centre in Macao was found guilty of bribery of UN officials by the New York court, the Associated Press reported.
The prosecution brought evidence before the court that 69-year-old Ngo Lap Senn gave hundreds of thousands of dollars bribes to two UN ambassadors between 2010 and 2015 to support his project to build a conference centre where he planned tens of thousands of people would spend money at his hotel and shopping centre. The verdict will be announced later.
- » Canada Becomes First Major Economy to Legalize Recreational Cannabis
- » Russian Orthodox Church Cuts Ties with Constantinople
- » Opposition Leader and Putin Foe Navalny Released from Jail for Anti-Kremlin Protests
- » Google+ Shuts Down as Nearly Half a Million Accounts Compromised
- » ISS Astronauts Return to Earth Amid US-Russia Tensions
- » Interpol President Reported Missing During Trip to China