Chinese Billionaire Bribed UN Officials
A Chinese billionaire who wanted to build a UN conference centre in Macao was found guilty of bribery of UN officials by the New York court, the Associated Press reported.
The prosecution brought evidence before the court that 69-year-old Ngo Lap Senn gave hundreds of thousands of dollars bribes to two UN ambassadors between 2010 and 2015 to support his project to build a conference centre where he planned tens of thousands of people would spend money at his hotel and shopping centre. The verdict will be announced later.
- » Neanderthal Genes could Explain the Shape of our Skulls, Study Finds
- » EU Leaders Rebuff May's Plea over Brexit Deal
- » May Seeks Brexit Help at Brussels Summit
- » Consumption Per Capita Varied Between 54% and 132% of the EU Average
- » Texas to Execute Killer Over 1993 Attack on Newlyweds
- » The European Parliament will Continue its Work Despite the Strasbourg Attack