Russia Launches a Fourth-generation Nuclear Submarine
On July 28th in Sederodvinsk will be the launch ceremony of the fourth-generation Ulyanovsk nuclear submarine, agencies said,cited by Mediapool.
This multipurpose submarine is the seventh and last of the Yassen series, designed by the St. Petersburg Maritime Engineering Bureau of Malachite and built in Sevmash, writes Rossiyskaja Gazeta. Only the main submarine of the series - К-560 "Северодвинск" has just been transferred to the Russian Navy. The next one, Kazan, came out of the factory in March 2017 and was dropped by water. Now it is being tested. Today, Ulyanovsk will officially join them. This symbolic ceremony has a deep practical significance for suppliers of equipment, systems and armaments. The four other Yassen - Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, Arhangelsk and Perm submarines are in a different degree of readiness.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France Is Tightening Measures Against COVID-19, Devided Into Zones
- » Ekathimerini: Lockdown ‘Strongest Weapon’ Against Virus Surge in Athens
- » Bulgarians Can Now Travel to Italy Without Restrictions
- » Finland Opens Its Borders, 14-Day Quarantine for Bulgarians
- » Nepal: Record 2020 COVID-19 Cases in the Day After Lockdown was Lifted
- » Yoshihide Suga Elected as Japan Prime Minister