Russia Launches a Fourth-generation Nuclear Submarine
On July 28th in Sederodvinsk will be the launch ceremony of the fourth-generation Ulyanovsk nuclear submarine, agencies said,cited by Mediapool.
This multipurpose submarine is the seventh and last of the Yassen series, designed by the St. Petersburg Maritime Engineering Bureau of Malachite and built in Sevmash, writes Rossiyskaja Gazeta. Only the main submarine of the series - К-560 "Северодвинск" has just been transferred to the Russian Navy. The next one, Kazan, came out of the factory in March 2017 and was dropped by water. Now it is being tested. Today, Ulyanovsk will officially join them. This symbolic ceremony has a deep practical significance for suppliers of equipment, systems and armaments. The four other Yassen - Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, Arhangelsk and Perm submarines are in a different degree of readiness.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours