Bulgarian Foreign Minister Balkan Tour Continues in Albania
Following her visit to Serbia, Bulgarian Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva continues today her Balkan tour with talks in Albania.
Recognition of the Bulgarian minority in Albania. This will be one of the main goals of the Foreign Minister.
Bulgaria has initiated a procedure for the recognition of a Bulgarian national minority on the territory of the Republic of Albania and has a positive attitude on the Tirana authorities to include such a text in a draft law.
The Bulgarians in Albania, which, according to unofficial data, are between 50,000 and 100,000 people in decades waiting to be recognized as an official minority, according to FrogNews.
During the meetings in Tirana with President Ilir Meta and with Foreign Minister Ditmir Bushati, Zaharieva will present the priorities of the 2018 Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of EU.
Bilateral relations will be discussed as well.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria will Once Again stand in Solidarity with Fraternal Macedonia