Sri Lanka Navy Saved Drowning Elephants
Sri Lanka's Military and Marine Forces have conducted a 12-hour operation to save two young elephants that have been taken to the high seas. Reports BGNES.
The animals were spotted when they were one kilometer from the shore. It is believed that they have crossed the lagoon places when they were hauled into the open sea
First, divers tied the drowning animals with ropes. After that, a motorboat pulled them to the shore and released them to safety. No physical damage was done to the animals during the operation.
This is the second such incident of late. On July 12, Sri Lankian soldiers rescued an elephant who was also taken to the open sea.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who are this year’s Nobel Peace Prize winners
- » Day 226 of the Invasion of Ukraine: There is a Threat of Nuclear Armageddon, according to Biden
- » Day 225 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Missile strikes on Zaporizhzhia
- » World Bank: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine is hampering Post-Pandemic Economic Recovery
- » No more Russian Oil for Serbia
- » SpaceX heads off for International Space Station with US, Russian, Japanese Astronauts