Taliban Attack in Kabul with at Least 24 Killed and 42 Injured
At least 24 people were killed in a car bomb attack in the Afghan capital Kabul. At least 42 people have been injured, the World Agencies have reported. The attack took place about 6.45am local time by a suicide bomber who blew up a car bomb.
"The attack took place in the western part of the city, near the house of the Mohammad Mohakik, deputy of the Afghan Prime Minister Abdullah Abdullah," said Abdul Wahab Azizi, head of the Mohakik's office.
The zone is cut off by security forces and ambulances have arrived, bTV reported.
According to data from the Afghan Ministry of Interior, the car-bomb was directed by the driver-kamikaze to a bus carrying mining ministry employees.
As a result of the powerful explosion, three vehicles and 15 shops were destroyed.
Meanwhile, the Taliban took responsibility for the bombing. Their spokesperson, Zabiula Mujahid, wrote in Telegram that the attack had been carried out against two Afghan National Security Director's buses and that 37 people had been killed. iNews.bg
- » The EU Council Wants Investments and Enhanced Common Action against Hybrid Threats
- » Jihadist Attack in a Hotel in the Somali Capital - there are Injured
- » A Second Australian State Legalizes Euthanasia
- » Johnson: If we Don't Win the Election, Brexit Will be "Very Difficult" to Implement
- » Eurobarometer: human Rights Worldwide, Freedom of Speech and Gender Equality are the Top European Values
- » Erdogan Relocates 1 Million Refugees to the "Safe Zone"